So, I thought it would be fun, to help you all feel connected to me,to give a little run down of what I do everyday! So here is a little snippet into my daily routine.
I leave for work about 8:20 or so (depending on the morning and how fast it flies by) and drive the 40 min to the hospital. I pull into our nice parking garage and begin my trek down usually 4 flights of stairs toward the hospital. Luckily, the side of the parking garage is shaded, so I can enjoy a brief moment outside. The best part of my day comes when I pass an open field of grass and I am greeted by cute little wild bunnies! Well, greeted isn't really the right word. They run away as soon as I come walking up, but thats not the point. I still stay hello and it makes my morning! There are about 4 of them and are about the size of my hand with cute little white puffy tails. Who knew that wild rabbits would be in Scottsdale! I sure didnt but I'm glad they are!
I then start the death walk across the black top parking lot. It is usually preceded by a deep breath and a prayer! As soon as I make it into the hospital and feel the air conditioning enter my body, I also feel my life coming back in. What a wonderful invention! I am thankful for it daily! Then up to the fourth floor on those dreaded elevators. I am still using them even after the scare they gave me, but sometimes lets face it- laziness/tiredness overcomes fear! I walk into the playroom and say hello to the fish who usually get so excited to see me. They swim like crazy all around the tank. Granted its a superficial love- because they know I'm going to feed them, but its a nice self-esteem boost first thing in the morning! :) I then pick music for the day for the playroom and head off to get report from the nurses.
Then I go visit kids for 8 hours! Each day is full of adventures with these kids and I love it!
Then at 5:30 I head off to my car which can only be described as one entering a furnace that has been turned on full force during the cold winter months. I feel like slow motion kicks in as I approach the outside and see the doors moving away from each other. The flood of heat waves come racing at me. Almost like, if you will, a tsunami hitting the mainland. Its almost takes your breath away as you leave those nice, comforting, cool doors of the hospital. Then I begin praying again for my feet to keeping moving at a fast pace to get me to my car. The walk back is about 100 times hotter then it was on the way in. Oddly enough however, my car in the parking garage, that has been there all day- mind you, is not hot! There must be some law of physics happening there that I dont fully grasp. Yes, I see that it has been in the shade and under a roof, but the walls are open! Is there some force field that keeps the heat away as soon as I scan my card and drive in? Can heat only affect things from above? I'm sure that there is a logical explination that my brothers and dad will post, but for now- I don't get it,but I'm thankful for it!
Then 40 minutes later I pull up to my abode, run to the door, unlock it as fast as I can, and stay inside!
There you have it folks- I hope that helped open your eyes into the the fun, exciting, and quite warm life that I lead!
6 comments:
That was fun to read. I'll tell JuJu and Lucille about the rabbits in the morning--they'll like that. I've spent many hot days in the furnace you call your home. You'll get used it...at least that's what I hear!
Physical Principle: Radiative Heat Energy.
Having just come from AZ I totally Understand what you are talking about. I went to the hosp. and saw the long walk you have to take to your car and I would never survive the heat.
Dad says
Dont ask me what physical laws apply, I dont remember any more. I just know that when you park in an area where there will be shade all day and where any breeze can easily blow through, the temperature will be much lower than if these conditions do not apply. Golly but it is nice to hear from you about the kind of day you have. Now if you could just tell us a few fun stories about those cute kids. Oh well you do have to keep HIPPA happy.
That "tsunami hitting the mainland" phenomenon is the very reason Arizona and I can never be friends. Honestly, who were the first people who settled Arizona and what were they thinking?!?
I was thinking about my friend and her parents and grandparents that lived in Arizona long before air conditioning. They would sleep on the porch so they could survive but what did they do during the day? As I have said before, The person that invented air conditioning should have a guaranteed place in Heaven. I'm glad things are going good at work. It will be fun to have a little break soon and see your most favorite people. M
Post a Comment