For some reason this past Friday, when my alarm went off at 7,I decided that it really wasn't necessary. I turned it off, rolled over and peacefully fell back asleep. During my dream I think that something triggered my brain to start working again and I shot out of bed wondering what time it was. Yep. 7:45. Here's the problem. I leave at 8:15! Half hour to get ready?! It was pushing it so I ran around like a crazy woman! I knew right then and there that this Friday the 13th was out to get me! But was I ever wrong! It was one of the luckiest days that I have ever had! Let me elaborate a little.
Even though I woke up a little late, I somehow got into my car at 8:20! The drive to work was very peaceful with very little of the normal crazy Arizonian drivers all around me. I pulled into work at 8:54! Which was my normal time of arrival. "How can that be?" You may be asking yourself?! Well, I wondered the same thing. Luck.
Then to the parking garage. I started my drive up to possiby the 4th floor like usual. But right there before my eyes on the second level...A SPOT! Only one flight of stairs today! Luck.
As I began my walk in to the hospital, a light and strangely enough, cool breeze blew by right before I began the hot trek across the asphalt. Luck.
Into the hospital and toward those dreaded elevators. Lately these elevators have taken quite a long time to come when called for. (Another proof that they are ready to break down at any moment with helpless people trapped inside.) However, this day was different. I pushed the up arrow, and the door opened immediately! No waiting today! Luck.
Nothing dramatically lucky happened at work. However, by the end of the day there were only 3 children left on the unit. So I consider that lucky for those children and families who got to go home. Esp. one family that had been there for 2 weeks! Lucky day for them.
On my drive home, I was reflecting on how great the day was and pretty soon I noticed that I was lost in my thoughts, but the gas pedal was still being pushed by my foot. As I took the turn off the freeway, a little warning bell went off in my head. "There are cops on this road Jill. Remember the speed limit is only 45". I think my foot responded ever so slightly as my speed reduced to 60. (Still speeding- mind you.) Just as a tangent, I have a real problem with this stretch of road. There is NOTHING on the road. Just the dump. The terrain looks just like the freeway, so why am I forced to go 20 miles an hour slower? It really irks me- so therefore I think that I push it a little too close than I should! Anywho, back to the story- As I came over the top of a little hill, again the thought came to mind. "If I were a cop, I would hide at the bottom of this hill." So again I took my foot off the gas. However, no cops--so I thought--smooth sailing to my house. Nope. As I got closer I saw 2 not just 1, but 2 cop cars faced towards me ready to get me for speeding. There is nothing more frightening then seeing 2 black radar guns pointed out the window at you. (I take that back.I think 2 black real guns pointed out the window at you might be more frightening.)I think that I then defied science as my heart stopped beating, fell out of my body and onto the floor. After picking it up and getting it going again, I looked down and I was going 60. "Ahh!!" I screamed as I hit the break. Surely they caught me. I began saying out loud. "No! Please. I'm sorry! I wont do it again. Let me go." I guess they heard me because they stayed in place and I drove past them on my way. Still looking in my rear view waiting for them to flip around, yet they never did! Luck.
And last but not least... That night at the movie theater, the parking lot was packed. We drove around and at the last minute a person on the very front row was backing out! Luck.
Inside, we were the 2nd people in there and got the most perfect seating I have ever been in. Right behind the hand rail. Plenty of leg space, a place to put my feat, and no one in front of me! Luck.
I cant wait for the next Friday the 13th!
You can also say that "luck" can also be those little tender mercies sent from Heavenly Father to reassure us that He does care and is mindful of us, even in the smallest of situations! So thank you Heavenly Father!!!
3 comments:
I just think it's great to recognize those "lucky" moments and be thankful for them. The little things, like a cool breeze in an Arizona summer. You're such a good example. Come back and visit!
YOU ARE A LUCKY GIRL AND WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU IN OUR LIVES. KEEP LOOKING FOR THE POSITIVE. M
I definitely think two real guns pointed at you would be scarier. But, at least two real guns would be over quick, versus that sick feeling in your stomach when you get a stinking ticket.
Post a Comment