Yesterday I was working with a five year old boy in the hospital. This little guy couldnt leave his room to play in the playroom, so he was super bored and you can only imagine how his parents were feeling! I went in and introduced myself. I asked him if he wanted some things to do. His not so emphatic reply was "sure". When I returned with some activities his mom had left the room. She came back and we went for a walk (a "we have to keep our hands together so we dont touch anything" walk)and then I left him with some more things to do. A few minutes later one of the doctors asked me if I had worked with this patient. I responded "yes" and she started laughing. Apparently, when I was playing with him, his mom had gone to tell the doctor this really funny thing. After the first encounter that I had with him, and then left to get the activites, he said to his mom- "mom, you gotta get out of here because this girl is pretty!"
At least little boys love me! Now I gotta work on the older ones! :)
5 comments:
I agree with him! You're beautiful! What a funny story!
We all agree that you beautiful inside and out! M
hahaha! That's hilarious! You're hot stuff!
Children do speak the truth.
I'm not sure what a "we have to keep our hands together so we don't touch anything" walk is, but it sounds like a blast. Contagions always make for a fun outting.
Post a Comment