The other part is that I was supposed to have the kids make birthday cards for the General during the last couple of weeks. Well folks, we haven't had kids that could do that. I had a few make them, but it was ultimately up to me to do it. I put on my little kid hat and went to work. They were all fine and dandy, but not exactly what I was picturing. Then it came to me. I put the marker in my left hand ( I am right handed mind you) and then closed my eyes. I thought of a the many pictures I have received from my nieces and nephews and went to work. Then, I got out the stickers and closed my eyes as I plopped them down. When I opened my eyes, I was quite proud of myself! It looked great! I think I even had a few tears of joy in my eyes. But the test was on. Would it fool the others?
I put up the cards around the lobby and sat back to watch. All I have to say was it was really hard to keep the giggles in. I would ask people what they thought of the cards and they would look around and then go right to the one I did with my eyes closed and say things like "oh! look how sweet!" or "this one is so cute!" Or they would get a little laugh and say "oh look at this one. Its priceless". I, of course being so proud of my accomplishment, couldn't keep it in. So I told them, "I did it!" They would get the best shocked faces I had ever seen and then we would laugh together. Of course, we didn't tell the General. What he doesn't know wont hurt him!
I think that that should be enough to say that I am a REAL child life specialist eh? I don't think I should have to take the certification test in November. Do you think the child life counsel would agree?
Well here it is the moment you have been waiting for! I took a picture with my camera phone right before the General took it home!

So what do you think? Could I pass as a toddler?
4 comments:
Bravo!! Funny how hard it is to fake kid writing--you did good!
I think you would pass more as a 4 or 5 year old. I'm impressed Jill! You crack me up!
Dad says
A real child, childlife specialist I would say. And I think you should have kept your mouth closed about the artists who drew the pictures. How proud you make us.
Freakishly realistic I'm proud of you! Nothing says happy birthday like some fake birthday cards...I love it! (especially where you say that you spill the beans to passers by) You make me laugh!
Post a Comment