Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What a steal!!!

So tonight I need to share with you the good fortune that has come into my life recently.

#1- I have had a computer desk for a number of years now. However, I have not had a chair to go with it. I have searched for one that is just right and isn't going to require an arm and a leg to buy it! About a month ago, my roommate and I were in Bed Bath and Beyond looking for things for our house. I found a cute picture and went to purchase it. As we were walking out the door, we noticed the clearance section. Now, I don't know about you, but when I see clearance, I am drawn towards whatever it is, just to look! But this time, I was intrigued because there was this cute chair in the pile. I had already put on my sunglasses, preparing for the blazing Arizona sun, so when I saw the price tag, I thought it was a mistake due to my lack of vision.

Then my roommate said- does that prices tag really say $1.98? It was true. The crazy price that I thought I had made up behind those dark shades was what it was. But I am not easily deceived. You see- I was waiting for Kandid kamera to pop out and say- just kidding. Or at least wait until we sat on it and then collapsed to the ground in a pile of chair pieces and embarrassment. I of course had my roommate sit on it first and low and behold- it didn't collapse! The man at the counter saw us standing there starring at the chair for quite sometime and asked "Can I help you with something?" I replied that we wanted to know how much the chair was. He said the price was on it. I said, "Well this says $1.98. Is this a joke?!" The guy looked very stunned. He looked as though he was thinking- what kind of company do they think I have here? Of course its no joke! Sure enough it was no joke. They remodeled their wedding registry and got new chairs so they just stuck out the chairs to get anything they could for them. And lucky me came by at just the right time. I am still wondering why they chose $1.98. They should have just said- Free! But either way I am happy with it!!! My new addition fits very well in my new house!


#2 I recently bought a box of Apple Jacks and was so excited to pour myself a bowl full for dinner tonight. Now, I grew up loving cold cereal, but I forgotten something that I used to make cold cereal super exciting---The toys that come in them! My roommate pulled out something from the top of the box and asked what it was- "A Toy!!!" I shouted in complete jubilation. But did I realize what what it was? I thought it was a watch at first, but then-much to my happiness- it was an X-box game to play on your wrist! Could there be a better prize for someone than that which I got? I say NO! I love video games! Man- Due to this turn of events, I think I need to buy more cold cereal!!! Hours of entertainment will be had by all!










5 comments:

Janelle said...

You are very funny!

Anonymous said...

I can just see you jumping up in giddy excitement screaming "A TOY!!" I can't believe that video games are so cheap now that you can put them in a cereal box. Why when I was a kid, we used to have to play video games in the snow, up hill both ways.

Katey said...

Jill, I too am always draw to clearance sections! What a steal of a deal on that new fantastic chair you have purchased. Although I agree, they could have just made it free for crying outloud, they were "used" merchandise but still...$1.98, you can't go wrong! I am very happy for you. And YAY for cereal toys!!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice that little things make you so happy. You are great! M

Anonymous said...

Loved that you had your roommate test out the sturdiness of the chair first--that's totally my style! Why risk your own health and safety when you can risk someone else's?