Before I moved to Arizona, baseball was far from the top on my "favorites" list. It was BORING to me...to say the least. Going to the Buzz games were fun simply because I could enjoy the company of friends and eat a yummy
hotdog! However, I never lasted the whole game. After a rousing rendition of "Take me out to the ballgame" I was ready to, in reality, get me out to my car!
Having said that, the Arizona Diamondbacks are beginning to open my eyes. I realized that my lack of love for baseball is probably related to my lack of knowledge of the sport. There are a lot of little things to know, and those little things make the game a little more riveting.
Now, I do realize that it probably helps that the Diamondbacks are doing really well and just swept the cubs. I even am beginning to find myself flipping through the channels and stopping at baseball (This is a first in the history of my life!)
I had to chance to go to the 2nd game verses the cubs, so I thought I'd share some pics with you all! Keep in mind, the D-backs won 8-4!

Here we are- my two
roomies and some guys in our ward at Chase Field! You can see how close we were! Keep in mind, they were $15.00. I said I am beginning to like baseball. I have yet to want to spend big bucks on the game!
Yumm...Nothing like a hot dog during a sporting event! Even though it took an hour in line to get one, I persevered and came off conqueror- much to the happiness of my taste buds and my tummy!

Here is probably an unknown fact for all of you out there...
unbeknownst to me, I have cousin that plays for the D-Backs. Chris Young! I haven't seen him at family reunions, but he is a dang good ball player, is good looking and has a last name of Young, so all signs point to the fact that we must be related! I know that you are all thinking that there is a problem with genetics and all,(if you make the picture bigger you might see what I'm saying!) but I am sticking with the fact that we really are!

This face right here might just be reason enough to spend a little more on tickets in order to get a better look. He doesn't know it yet, but we're getting married...one day!

What a job these guys have! How much do you suppose they make?! Its probably some ridiculous amount, so I have decided to to maybe make this my future job! Think about it, you get the best seats, don't have to work all that much, and you get some national television time... This is a thought that I may be pondering over for quite some time!
Well since the D-backs won today...there will be plent more opportunities to go to games so maybe you'll be seeing some more pics!
7 comments:
I am so glad to see a new post from you...its been a little while. Baseball is still boring in my mind but I think if I learned more about it I could end up being interested. It looks like you are having a lot of fun down there in AZ!
P.S. I tagged you on my blog so you should go check it out to know what you should do. (katey-k.blogspot.com)
I never realized how bored you were down there! I'm sorry that your life has become so numbing that you are turning to baseball of all things to stimulate your mind. Sheesh. You should move up here by us. The bucket heads are nothing but endless entertainment!
Baseball is a fun game. It let's you have time to visit with the people you are with and still get involved with the team and the score. I think you should write to one of the players and ask for seats close enough to see what they are doing. M
We thought about introducing the boys to baseball this year. But since Andre and I are not so much the baseball lovers and the game we could go too was not convenient, we decided to wait until next year. I still think that baseball is more about the social and being in the crowd than real excitment (more than the 8 times the actually hit the ball) but I hope they win!
Janelle
I know what you mean about the baseball thing. I haven't been converted, but EVERYBODY here loves the Red Sox. Men, women, children, you name it. They already have to have extra security at UMass in case of riots due to the Red Sox, and we aren't even in Boston! Baseball just isn't much of a thing in Utah.
I'm glad to see you have discovered how much fun baseball can be when you get to know who the players on "your" team are. I'm sad to see that Suzy did not inherit my LA Dodger loving baseball genes. Now that there are so many Arizona family connections, the Diamondbacks may become my 2nd favorite team. - Cathryn
The boys in your ward are Cute! For YOU, I mean. That always makes baseball games more fun! :o) I just went to a baseball game with my hottie and loved it!
-Caryn
Post a Comment