Oh happy day! The results are in... I passed my certification test!!! All of you can now sleep better knowing that I dont have to retake this stinky thing ever again! :)
When I graduated from college, I remember thinking how happy I was that I wouldn't have to take any more tests. Then I started working in Pharmacy and certification was required. So off to the books I went again. Studying and agonizing each day for the months before the test. Then there were the weeks after- fretting and worrying each day that I saw the mailman. When the results finally came and I passed- I was happier than I have ever been before. Now for sure, I thought to myself, no more tests! It was a happy time.
Then I got into Child Life and again certification was required. Again, the late night cramming sessions came into play. And these past few weeks have been filled with moments of surety that I passed and moments of doubt when I thought that I didn't.
I got a call today from a girl who took the test with me. As soon as I saw her name on the caller ID, I knew that's why she was calling. "Did you get your results?" She asked. Now, you see I work Saturdays so the answers was "ahh!!! NO!!!!" She passed, so the pressure was back on. For the next 5 hrs I had to wonder what kind of night I would be having... good or bad? As I drove home my stomach was in knots. I was sure that I didn't pass. I went to the mailbox and saw a tiny little slip of paper. Surly, I didnt pass. They would be sending me a certificate if I passed. I opened it up and read, "Your test score appears below." Of course I read that to mean -below the allotted number to pass. (not below, as in later on in the letter.) Then it said, "Congratulations! you passed!" I was so confused, I had to read it a few times!
Tears filled my eyes as I realized the wait was over. I am now certified and the best part- I will be getting a raise! oh Happy day!
Heres the lesson I have learned...If I decide to change careers it will be one that will NOT require certification. I dont think my heart can take it anymore!
9 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome news. I remember being sure that I'd failed AP Calculus and the surprised joy I felt I found out I'd gotten a 5. The day I got accepted into graduate school, I cried like a little baby. I'm proud of you.
I'm going to take the Professional Engineer exam a year from April. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that at all.
Woo Hoo!! I, too, hope you never have to take a stinky test again!
Herzlichen Gluckwunsch, Jill!
Du hat es geschafft!
U NO HOO
Congratulations Jill! I am so glad that I haven't had to take any tests lately. Although I am starting to wonder if that is why I am getting so ditzy. It is probably good to continue to exercise those brain cells once you are out of school. :)
We are so happy for you and hope you can enjoy your job and making all those little ones happy with out taking any more tests. I hope you don't have any plans for an advanced degree in underwater basket weaving! I hear the test for that is a killer. Mom
Yeah!!!! I knew you would pass, you are a smartie!
Dad says
An interesting thought just came to me. You are taking a test every day, several times daily, as those special children and their parents need your help. Of course that test isnt on paper where it dosn't matter but in person where it really matters. And sometimes it is in spanish.Wow you are good!!
Queen Roonie,
I thought you might check this before you check your email. I hope this is okay but it is just a note saying, please check your email for me. :)
Yippee!! I have one more test to pass so I can prescribe meds and I can't seem to crack the books because there is no deadline...ah the relief of success!!! You're amazing
Post a Comment