Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Um...Excuse me?!

So...I dont know if any of you recall that when I moved down here to Arizona last May, I was a little warm. Okay- lets be honest. I was HOT! But, the thing that kept me pluggin away was the thought of a nice cool winter with no snow, no worries about waking up to a blizzard, no scraping my car windows etc... Those beautiful thoughts got me through those rough days...

And I have to say, that has been the case. Each morning the thing furthest from my mind is snow! It was always a weird thought each time I talked to my famliy or friends in Utah and they told me of yet another blizzard that dumped 5+ inches the night before. Lets face it, I forgot that it is winter since each morning there are blue skies that welcome me and no snow in the forcast.

This morning my worlds collided. I was running a little bit on the late side (in my defense, it was only about 5 min!). I ran downstaris, grabbed a granola bar for breakfast and sped outside to drive off and catch up to those 5 min that I had lost. After I locked the front door, I turned to run to my car and BOOM! It felt like I hit a brick wall. There in front of me was an inch of frost on my car! WHAT?! This is not possible. I looked around to see if I was in actuality still is Arizona and didnt by chance get teleported back to Utah during the night. Yep. It was Arizona alright- Arizona with frost bite!

Well, since I had happily given all my scrapers away when I moved here, I sat pondering in my car what I should do. Then it all came flooding back to me. I opened my wallet and got some random card that I didnt need and got to work. As I was scraping the window with my safeway grocery store card, my thoughts were taken back to those many mornings in Utah. Those mornings when I felt like my lungs were going to collapse as I scraped the windows, trying not to scrap my knuckles in the process, and sitting in my car as I waited for my heater to heat up.

It really only took a few minutes and I was on my way. I am sure that from most of you out there, I am not going to get any sympathy... especially from those of you who spent hours shoveling this weekend!

In reality it was just shocking. Who knew?! Now I might begin to have those thoughts again about needing to wake up early "just in case" I have to scrap those darn windows again.. However, it was good to see- I still got it! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to have a taste of the real world so you can appreciate the good life you live in good old Arizona. M

Suzy said...

You're right, I really don't feel bad for you. One week we got 11 inches on Monday and 6 more on Thursday! If you don't like snow, you really shouldn't move to Massachusetts...wait a second, what am I doing here!?!

Katey said...

I would like to say I sympathize but I don't...I hate winter this year. I have lived in Utah my whole ENTIRE life and have never hated winter as much as I do right now. I'd love to wake up to one day of scraping the whole winter but that is Utah life I guess.

Sounds like you're doing good in AZ. We will have to keep in contact about LOST for sure! I sure do think you're great and I miss ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, sweaty legs while eating hot soup are so worth it when you only have to scrape your windows once the entire year...