Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

So my roommates and I took a random last minute trip to Vegas this past weekend! It was so much fun! We decided to rent a car so that none of us would have to put wear and tear on our own cars. And the best part was it was only $11 total for each one of us!

The trip started very adventurously (who is surprised?) When we were booking the car rental, we went through the rental car at the airport. We talked about it and how much it was. As Sarah hit the submit button, she said- "Now guys, we can not back out of this! It says it 3 times that it was final." We all agreed and she hit the button. It took about 2 seconds for us to think- Why are we going to the airport when there is a rental car place down the road from us?! NONE of us- not one of us four had that thought! Why?! Who knows! And we couldn't change it! Even though we tried- the lady on the phone reminded us that it said it 3 times to make sure that we were sure! So I guess we were sure!
So we were off to the airport! My roommate decided to be the one to leave her car at the airport- since she didn't care if anything happened to it. (It was her car that overheated when we went to dinner for my birthday!) And can you guess what happened at the airport as well? Yep. Sarah and I ran in to get the car- and a few minutes later we were joined by the other 2 along with the words "My car just exploded". I soon found that that was a little dramatic- it really had just over heated, but poor Holly had to deal with it again. Luckily, her dad saved the day again and we were on our way in our $44 car rental. I was super surprised at how nice it was. I was expecting a beater, but we got a Ford Fusion with Texas licence plates! We felt the Texas pride the whole time, but too bad none of us could speak with a Southern accent! :)

We stayed at the Marriott Suites hotel! I thought it was super cute and nice. It had a King size bed and sofa bed. So we drew names of who would sleep on the "really nice bed" the first night and who would get stuck on the "not so comfy" sofa pull out bed! Low and behold my name was picked for the bed! YEA!!! That night as we went to bed I felt like I was miles away from Holly. It was if I had to yell to her to say goodnight! Yeah, I liked that big bed- everything about it was so comfortable! :) I was tempted to see if they would give it to me for free. I mean, they give us the shampoo and conditioner- why not the bed?! :)
Lets just say that the next night- the sofa bed didn't quite live up to the comfortableness of the King! Oh well- at least the other 2 got a good night sleep!



The purpose of going to Vegas was to watch the Blue Man group at the Venetian. We are super cheap girls so of course we bought the nosiest nose bleed tickets that we could! (Which were super outrageously priced anyway!) However, I tried to not think of that and enjoy it!
As we were walking around beforehand they had people that were dressed up like statues and slowly moved so that you knew that they were real. Kelly got her picture taken with them (see- me being cheap- that thought didnt even cross my mind! :) ) and then we went to find where the show was going to be. In walking around we saw these fake statues that looked like the Blue men from the group. Holly however, thought that they too were real life people and tried to talk to them and ask them if we could take out picture with them. Confused at what was happening, I asked her who she was talking to and then she said- "Oh! Are they not real?!" We laughed very very hard about that. I am SO thankful for memories like that- that will always stay with me and make me smile! Here are Sarah and Holly by the statue that Holly tried to talk to!

I guess you could say that they looked real! --kinda! :)


So... we headed off to the show- still laughing and wiping tears from our eyes. We went up the stairs to start our walk up the long staircase that awaited us. As we got there, we were informed that they were closing the upper balcony. (My guess- they didn't sell out the show). So we were informed that we were being upgraded! WAHOO! So Holly said- "wow, I would love to be upgraded to the front row!" We all laughed as well as the ticket guy. But then he said "Let me see what I can do." He came back with tickets on the 4th row!!! Wahoo! Holly totally redeemed herself!


The thing about the Blue man group is that the use a lot of paint with their drumming so they give the people on the first 5 rows ponchos to protect you from the paint! Super fun! That would have never happened on the 178th row that we had originally purchased!
This was a guy that was on a business trip that was sitting by us. I guess he felt comfortable enough being in our picture with us!

The sad part was that not one speck of paint fell upon our Poncho's! Oh well- at least we got to wear the stylish plastic wraps over our bodies that helped give our hair that nice static lift! :)

We had a blast on our one day in Vegas town! It was a perfect amount of time! I love these girls!!!

2 comments:

Jillinda said...

So fun! Seriously, your adventures really work in your favor most of the time. Fourth row seats, awesome.

Janelle said...

thanks for the update on the Vegas trip. I forgot to ask you about it the other night. So you have three roommates? I thought you had 2. Shows what I know about your life!