So, I was talking to my roommate the other day about how I need to exercise more. I realize that it's time to step it up! Our conversation went like this-
Me: Holly- I need to start exercising again, but I hate running.
Holly: Well then don't run. You need to do something that you want to- and then you'll do it. So what do you like to do?
Me: (In by best whiny, sad, and pitiful voice) All I really LIKE to do is sleep!
I was relating this to my nephews tonight and who knew- they had the solution for me. It's really quite simple. You see-
According to the 11 yr old- I just need to dream that I am being chased, and then I'll run while laying in my bed. (It is possible he is referring to the way that dogs do. I'm glad he made that parallel between me and the pooch!)
The 6 yr old told me that I should just sleep run- kinda like sleep walking but instead I should run!
And last but not least was from 9 yr old- "Jill You just need to invent a machine that you put on your legs that makes them run and make you feel like you are running while you are sleeping. That way your brain can sleep, but you'll be running at the same time!"
Perfect! Now I just need to find someone who wants to invent this machine. He informed me that it would only cost 300,000- really not as much as I would have thought. Any takers?
Kids really make things seem so simple.
6 comments:
Running really is the easiest and cheapest exercise. My problem with running is that I always overdid it the first time and never wanted to do it again. You should try Couch to 5k.
You can even start slow by dreaming about Couch to 5k.
they have this machine. They put it on you when you've had your knees replaced. It keeps your legs moving 24 hours a day while you are healing. (it hurts because you've just had your knee replaced.)
For $300,000 Jaxon will totally do it. He just got an erector set. That should do it!
With $300,000 I would hire a personal trainer to help motivate me and find exercises that I enjoyed and worked parts where I need it the most!
Or get liposuction.
One or the other.
the first nephew comment reminds me of Lady and the Tramp- the dog that has dreams and runs like wild in his sleep.
I wish. I still need to loose baby weight, and yet I sit and eat ice cream and don't work out. I used to be almost fanatical, wonder what happened to me. :)
Post a Comment