Just a recap of why we love Rome-
There are fountains like these around every corner. Safe to drink and constantly running- I think that Rome should market that slogan "You'll never go thirsty in our town!"
Apart from the little fountains like these...there are also massive ones everywhere as well. (What can I say- Romans like water! Aqueducts sound familiar?!) The Trevi fountain is one of the most popular in Rome (as apparent from the masses of tourists seen here!)
I was so hot that it looked so appealing to dive into, but I refrained because I'm sure that is frowned upon!
Here I go! Looks like I'll be heading back in the future!
Tobacco!

We stayed in an apartment in a very Italian neighborhood where English speakers were few and far between. However we are fast learners and found that the one word in English that they knew was "Tobacco"! Any question we would ask "Phone card?" "Bus pass?" etc. would be answered with them saying "Tobacco!" Why? You ask- well because everything you need is found in the Tobacco shop! Pretty soon we learned that, like the fountains, they are found on every corner. We got a kick out of yelling out, in our newly acquired Italian accents, "Tobacco" whenever spotted the T. We are fun- I know.

We stayed in an apartment in a very Italian neighborhood where English speakers were few and far between. However we are fast learners and found that the one word in English that they knew was "Tobacco"! Any question we would ask "Phone card?" "Bus pass?" etc. would be answered with them saying "Tobacco!" Why? You ask- well because everything you need is found in the Tobacco shop! Pretty soon we learned that, like the fountains, they are found on every corner. We got a kick out of yelling out, in our newly acquired Italian accents, "Tobacco" whenever spotted the T. We are fun- I know.
Little Tiny Itty Bitty Smart Cars!
Everywhere. They speed around every corner and park wherever they like! I gotta get me one of these!
A lot of Gelato was consumed by the 4 of us. We figured that it doesn't count when you're on vacation right! I mean it's only the world BEST ice cream ever! :) Even when the cute old Italian man misunderstood me and thought I said black licorice instead of Nutella (a horrible an awful mix up I know!) couldn't even understand me to know that he had misunderstood me to begin with- so I ate it anyway- and it wasn't half bad!
Spanish Steps!
Seems to be the hang out place for most tourists and Italians alike. The last night we were there, we bought some Gelato and enjoyed feeling like Italians as we sat on the steps getting ready to say our goodbyes to the town. Some nice Italian man sat by us and told us the history of the steps! I'll let you Wikipedia it- if you're interested! :)
Scusa!

We learned this Italian word very quickly. "Excuse me". and we used it often. We laughed when we saw it spray painted on this wall. Simply because, like the "Tobacco" we used it as often as we could!
Scusa!

We learned this Italian word very quickly. "Excuse me". and we used it often. We laughed when we saw it spray painted on this wall. Simply because, like the "Tobacco" we used it as often as we could!
The Tiber!
It was just fun to see a river that I do actually remember hearing about in History class! (I guess I didn't sleep as much as I had thought!)
Bridges and Castles!
We were just walking around (Probably eating Gelato) and minding our business when we saw some awesome bridges
that led to a castle!
Restaurants galore in this town! I probably gained 10 pounds alone with the amount of mouth watering pasta that I ate! (And I would again too!)
Apartments!
We did an apartment rent by owner service and I would do it again in a heart beat. Its cheaper than a hotel, they bought us breakfast the first day we were there. They are safe, clean and the owners are super helpful! Not to mention cute! Ours was kind of like a pent house with such a great view!
This picture was taken in the courtyard of our apartment right before our Taxi picked us up to go to the airport! In all honesty we were sad to say goodbye!
We love ya Italy! And like the fountain says- We'll be back!




3 comments:
Awesome trip! So... what airline did you go home on and did you threaten them to not lose your luggage?
What a wonderful trip. I'm so glad that you got to see so many places and learn so much about the world.
I started laughing. I totally thought you meant that the owners of the little apartment were cute.
Post a Comment