Sunday, May 27, 2007

Call the fashion police!

You know- I'm not really one to be very fashionable. Try as I may, I don't think that I will ever quite get it. I hate spending lots of money on clothes. For that reason I took a sewing class at Ricks college. You know things are bad when your sewing teacher laughs at your work. I do believe her exact words to me, as she held up the pillow case that I made, were "Were you on a roller coaster when you sewed this thing." I quickly learned that my sewing days were over.

Even the new styles are hard for me to understand. I remember when capri's came out and I vowed that I would NEVER wear them. I didnt understand what was so cool about something that was neither pant nor short! I now own 10 pair.

So, basically what I am getting at- I'm a little slow in the fashion world. For my birthday, my friend sent me something in the mail. It was a scarf like thing to put in your hair. To me, however, it was some foreign object and I found myself pondering over what on earth I was supposed to do with it. After many trials, I finally think that I figured it out. However, my roommate and I had a good laugh at trying it many other ways as well! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them!



Is it a scarf? Nah- Thats a little too Benjamin Franklin-ish



Or perhaps its a belt?! Not unless I want to work on my belly dancing...




Um--- Pirate?!


I guess some girls will never grow out of the dressing up stage!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, any number of times, Minerva wouldn't let me out of the house until I changed into something a little less revolting. It must be genetic ...

I like your hair cut. It makes you look all growed up! Didn't you get the memo? Little sisters aren't allowed to grow up.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair cut!! Can I copy you??

Nerd Boy makes it sound like I'm the fashion police, but I, like you, would have been clueless, too!! Sounds like you're having fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Well the kids at your work might enjoy a pirate coming into their rooms! M

Janelle said...

I like the first one.

Anonymous said...

I love you. I just laughed out loud! I like the hook.

Anonymous said...

Dad says
What more can I say than I like your ideas as much as anything else that might be tried. I honestly think my kids look great any way thy dress. It must be in the Levi's er Genes.

Anonymous said...

Arrg, matey! I'm sure your friend never even considered the possibilities you've discovered :-)