Well here I am!!! Finally part of the blogging crowd. I figured that this is the best way for me to keep in touch with all the people that I love! Plus, those of you that know me well, know that whatever I am involved in, turns out to be an adventure. Even the simplest of tasks end up being a challenge at times . Therefore, I have decided to bring each of you along as I go through them! I am so nice eh?! I hope you enjoy the ride and if not- just say you did so that I wont feel bad! Deal?! Deal.
Okay- So as you know, I now am a resident of the wonderful, yet extremely warm, state of Arizona. I have offically been here 6 days. My ceiling fan has yet to be turned off and I have never put so much water down my body- ever! Okay maybe not ever. I think the last time was in my mission days. Nicarauga was great, but I vowed to never live in a hot place again once I got home. Hmmm- I must have forgotten just how warm- hot weather is!!!
During my first encounter with my roommate, she brought up the fact that she helped build one of the houses that she grew up in. Therefore, trying to impress her, I pulled out my brand new tool kit that was given to me by my father. I told her all about it and for some reason decided to show her the inside of it. I wondered why it was so difficult to open. But I kept right on talking- trying to sound like I knew what I was talking about- as I pulled the small plastic tabs open with all my strength. As it sprang open, I felt something strange on my foot. It was then that I realized it was upside down. Everything that was on the inside was now on the outside! She kindly helped me put all the pieces back and I made a mental note. Blue side is always up.
Well so much for trying to make a good first impression. They aren't really that important right?!
Well, I am 100% possitive that this is just the beginning of the good ole fun times ahead!
8 comments:
Hooray, Jill! I'm so excited for your new adventure!
I'm excited you've joined the blog-o-sphere!!
It's about monkey-lovin' time you joined us.
I love the feeling of being at least slightly in touch with my family and friends as we get all spread out.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO ALL YOUR ADVENTURES. M AND D
yeah for you. Im glad I get to keepo in touch with you through this.
You are too funny! I could totally picture your insulation mask experience and I laughed outloud (at work, nonetheless)
"To be honest..." I am glad to have one more blog to read!
Laughed out loud about your tool kit spillage. Then scrolled back up and read it again for a second round of laughs. That's classic.
Post a Comment