I don't know if it has occurred to many people as to why the name of my blog is what it is. Those of you who know me well, unfortunately also know, all too well, that it's because it is all so TRUE. If I am involved- most of the time, things will be a little bit trickier than usual. I could write you mounds and mounds of books to prove this point. However, I believe that a simple recap of my birthday will show you all-how this is true...
Oddly enough, the beginning of the day went very smoothly.
I went into work a little early because the week before I had met a few kids on a
pre-surgery tour and my birthday happened to be the day of their surgeries! It was so cute because as one of the 3 year old little boys walked into the hospital and he saw me, he ran up and handed me these...

Yep...
thats right. He brought me flowers! It was adorable. Granted, I'm sure he got them from the hospital grounds, but it was sweet nonetheless.
Thankfully, nothing "adventurous" happened during their surgeries! :) The kids all did great. I was so proud of them.
Then, I walked into my office and was greeted by "a little note" as my boss put it.

I'm sure it took her a long time to do it! They also made cupcakes and ordered lunch! It was great! And my co-workers were wonderful!
All the real fun, however, began when I got home. My roommates had decorated the kitchen before I went to work in the morning. It was a fun little party to walk into!

Then my wonderful roommate, who is a lot like me mind you, asked excitingly "Did you see your cake?!" To my response of "no" , she opened the fridge and then said "What happened to it?!" Quickly though, her confused state turned into laughter. She was laughing so hard that she couldn't explain to me what the joke was. After a minute she said " I forgot it was an ice cream cake!" (Remember the part that I said she was a lot like me?! :) ) Luckily the cake was in a tightly closed plastic container, because we could see it basically floating in there...Completely liquefied! We had a really good laugh about that one for awhile. My sides and cheeks were sore!(Thats the best laughter!) We quickly put it into the freezer- hoping for success for when we got back from dinner.
5 of us piled into my other roommates car and headed for our destination. While on the freeway, we noticed that traffic was starting to back up. The signs on the road mentioned a crash and that the freeway was closed. We got off quickly, but at the next light I noticed a strange steam coming from her car. Panic arose in all of us, as we quickly pulled over. She called her dad and he came as soon as he can. Unfortunately we were about 30 min from their house. However, the night was beautiful and we just enjoyed the parking lot atmosphere at Embassy Suites!
Soon, her dad saved the day- and we changed cars with him...headed for the greatly anticipated restaurant to where we were going about 30 mintues before! About 6 months ago, my roommate and I were driving somewhere when we saw a restaurant entitled "Jilly's". It was a very exciting moment for me! Never had I seen such a beautiful place. We decided that we needed to return one day. That of course was completely forgotten until a few days ago, we were trying to figure out where to go to eat for my birthday. Then it came to me---we shall go to MY RESTAURANT!!!

It was like an Iggy's sports grill type of place. Which was kinda odd. To me when I think "Jilly's" I would think like a TGIF or Chilis (not just because it rhymes mind you! :) ) So that was kinda weird, but I loved the fact that my name was EVERYWHERE!!! :) I felt like a VIP. I even asked if I got my meal for free since my name is Jill. Our waiter said he would ask, but I dont think it happened! He better watch out! Next time we're in Parliament I'll need to discuss that with the people...
When we got home we pulled out the cake to see what had happened during the time we were away. It took 3 of us to open the container since it had solidified around all the edges! One held the bottom and 2 pulled the top. It was so funny looking, but sure tasted great!

As you can see that brown "hill like " looking thing was actually the cake part since all the ice cream had melted around it. I think before the cake melted it was a little bit taller and completely white one top! :) However, that did not stop us from eating it! It was yummy yummy yummy! I love ice cream cakes. And this night I learned that I even like ice cream cakes that melted and are re-frozen! :)
The last adventure came today actually. Aaron had sent me roses yesterday as a surprise and did all in his power to MAKE SURE that they got to me at work. He even got a confirmation email that they were delivered to the hospital. So there he as sitting all cozy in his German house waiting for my happy and ecstatic email thanking him for the beautiful roses. Meanwhile, I left work without even a clue that Roses were waiting there for me.
Apparently something happened and the information desk
didn't know what to do with them when they were delivered. (Heaven forbid look up my name in the computer and have it delivered to my department! ) :) Luckily though, Aaron told me that he had sent me roses- So I was bound and determined to find them today! On my way into work today I passed the information desk and saw a beautiful array of Roses sitting there. I told the guy "Hi. I think those are mine". With a
smirk he said "Really?!" I was like.."Um..really I do!" Surprised he got up and asked my name and sure enough they were and they were GORGEOUS. Honestly- very beautiful! It was a great day after your birthday type gift! I loved them!

So there you have it- if you are planning a evening and I'm coming along- be prepared for all you plans to be completely changed or at least twisted a bit. But- That's what makes it fun right- I can guarantee that it wont be boring! :)
All in All I had a great birthday - Thanks to EVERYONE that I am blessed to know!
5 comments:
Jilly! Happy Birthday!!!
I thought about you numerous times while I was at work, but then when I got home a giant ant was eating the house and I was too busy throwing pond water at it to call ... I'm such a bad brother. I'll call you soon.
Love ya!
Happy Birthday Jill! There's just something special about those who have birthdays on the 4th of any month!
What a lucky girl to get roses for your birthday. Have a lot of happy days in the coming year. M
Yeah for birthdays!! I wish I was there to have filled a pinata for you. You're the best and I hope this is the GREATEST year ever!!
Tag Your It...Read my blog for details. :)
Post a Comment