Well, this is the moment that many have been waiting for! Finally pictures of my trip to Germany! I do apologize that it has taken so long. Honestly jet lag has become one of my least favorite things! So I hope you're all happy that even though I am tired right now- I will do you the honors and start the first of many posts that will give you a flavor of my most wonderful vacation!
I honestly had such a great time. I really enjoyed Europe. I was a little nervous about how I would feel not knowing the language and using the bus/subway system. But really- it was all great! I loved the feeling of being there and learning so many things! So I thank Aaron for showing me such a great time!
Well to start off... As most of you know, Aaron surprised me with a trip to England the first night I got there. We took off April 29 and spent 4 1/2 wonderful days in jolly old England! When we got there and were going through customs, I could help but smile, and sometimes even giggle as I listen to the people talking! I am in love with that accent! From the security guards talking to someone to the guy looking at our passports- I was grinning from ear to ear! One time Aaron turned to me and was like "you're loving this aren't you!" and of course I replied "YES!" :)
I will try not to bore you with too many details and pictures- so I hope you enjoy! Since I am me- lots of adventures were had during these 3 weeks. However, I'm just going to post pictures today because my brain is too tired to write out all the funniness that goes with them... but with time it will come.
I honestly had such a great time. I really enjoyed Europe. I was a little nervous about how I would feel not knowing the language and using the bus/subway system. But really- it was all great! I loved the feeling of being there and learning so many things! So I thank Aaron for showing me such a great time!
Well to start off... As most of you know, Aaron surprised me with a trip to England the first night I got there. We took off April 29 and spent 4 1/2 wonderful days in jolly old England! When we got there and were going through customs, I could help but smile, and sometimes even giggle as I listen to the people talking! I am in love with that accent! From the security guards talking to someone to the guy looking at our passports- I was grinning from ear to ear! One time Aaron turned to me and was like "you're loving this aren't you!" and of course I replied "YES!" :)
I will try not to bore you with too many details and pictures- so I hope you enjoy! Since I am me- lots of adventures were had during these 3 weeks. However, I'm just going to post pictures today because my brain is too tired to write out all the funniness that goes with them... but with time it will come.
One of the fi
rst stops was to a train station. I did find that a little strange, but since I just figured he knew what he was doing- I followed him. and low and behold look at what we found! We tired to go in, but alas, it was blocked! I thought that was really cute! Those Englishmen are quite creative huh!
I then had the privilege of seeing the university that Aaron is attending. If you zoom in on the bottom red building picture it says the name. "University College London". So I guess it he wasn't lying to me and the University DOES exist! :)

That night we ate in China town. Isn't it interesting that there is a china town in every major city? hmm... curious. There was a funny moment here though. We went to a Chinese buffet and after I had gone to get my food, we realized that you were only allowed to go to the buffet 2 times and you had to eat everything on your plate or you would be charged extra! Ahh! L
ets just say we both finished what w
as on our plates, one of us struggling a little more than the other...simply because there was a larger amount of food on the plate then there was in the stomach. I'll just leave it at that! But that is a memory that I wish to never be taken from me. It still brings a smile to my face! Each agonizing swallow- one after another! Good times...In walking around, I found a phone booth. Everyone needs a picture in the classic British phone booth! I was so excited that Aaron took a picture as I was entering.....
but then we realized it was LOCKED!!! How rude! I used all my strength...but to no avail!

but then we realized it was LOCKED!!! How rude! I used all my strength...but to no avail!
A few days later- we finally found one that actually opened! And I added my name to the list of people with a picture of the cutest phone booths ever!
So...that was all the first day! That night we also walked around and saw many beautiful sights! So I leave this post with a few of the wonders of London! :) 


Big Ben and the tower of London are featured here. (and some of Trafalgar square). Unfortunately- the pictures dont really do it justice!
For some reason.. I didnt take pictures of the other things we saw that night- namely Tower bridge which is beautiful, Westminster Abby, the rest of Trafalgar square and much much more!!!
Well I hope that this got you ready to see what else is in store in the next few posts! Stayed tuned for what happened the rest of the week! :)



8 comments:
Oooh...I wish I could go to Europe. It looks and sounds like you had a great time! I cannot wait for the rest of the story!
Oooh...I wish I could go to Europe. It looks and sounds like you had a great time! I cannot wait for the rest of the story!
I have been checking daily, trying to remember when your 3 weeks was up. Okay seriously Aaron sounds like a romantic. A surprise trip to London. How awesome. I love that you can see your personality in the pics. You are such a cutie! I can't wait for the rest.
Wow a fairy tale trip-who would have guessed that you would be in England and Germany when we took you to Arizona a year ago. Life is full of surprises. M
Sounds like so much fun, can't wait to hear about everything.
Can't wait to hear the rest of the adventures! and I am SO jealous that you have recently touched ground in the mother land! Cheers!
Awesome pictures! I remember my first week in England. It is amazing that they are speaking the same language and yet you can't understand them isn't it?
Good words.
Post a Comment