Really- my day at work was great. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Then I headed off to get my emissions tested for my car. Now as many of you know, I have had pretty embarrassing things happen at car places. My most famous Jiffy Lube experience was something that I didn't want to repeat today.
I took a deep breath and drove up. I watched very carefully as each person went before me. I figured- Just do what they do Jill and you'll be fine. It seemed simple. Roll down your window, get our of your car, wait in a little blue booth and then drive away! Got it. There was really no place for something embarrassing to happen. However, I must have forgotten who I am or else I wouldnt have had that thought!
I was sitting there, I noticed that my passenger seat had some crumbs on it. So, I started brushing it off. I turned my attention back to what was happening in front of me. A few minutes later, I felt pain in my finger. I looked down and it was bleeding!!! I had no idea why. I wondered if I had actually brushed shards of glass off the seat instead of crumbs! Of course it was right then that I got the "wave" from the emissions guy! It was my turn.
I rolled down the window as I was trying to stop the blood flow(which didnt work too well!) I had a flash back to my experience at Walmart a year ago- when the guy with the bloody hand tried to help me. I now feel bad for having judged him! (Maybe he had no idea he had cut it so badly!) As I handed the man my ticket, I sheepishly said "I'm sorry! I just cut my finger!" trying to assure him that I dont normally have blood dripping from my body. I looked around for something...anything and all I could come up with was a gum wrapper! Here's a word to the wise- gum wrappers dont stop blood! Who knew?
I kinda laughed to myself as I got out and waited in the blue booth. I thought that I had had it all under control. The blood seemed to have stopped. When he came in to get me, he told me how much it was. Since they dont take credit cards- I started writing my check. I then realized that my finger was again bleeding profusely! (You would have thought that I had hacked it with a chainsaw! I mean it was a tiny little opening! Give me a break) So- my brain started thinking "MUST STOP BLEEDING" and my ears stopped listening to the man- so I didn't hear what he said. So I had to ask again. Then the bleeding started again and I forgot! It was as if I could only think about 1 thing at a time! Yeah, sadly enough, I had to ask the poor man about 3 times. How much and to whom! I finally finished and headed to my car...I'm sure by that time,he was ready for the bloody blond to leave!
Then tonight as I waited at the gate to leave the community where I live, I noticed some activity in the bushes. Um, yeah then I saw it was. Actually, I'm still not fully sure what they were. I believe they were wild hogs roaming around. At first I thought they were boars! But thats silly- wild boars live in the jungle! Not in my neighborhood! But they were something of that sort! I stopped my car and just stared at them! Really- it was so bizarre to me. They both just stood there staring me down. I thought they were going to charge me. I looked up and saw a 10 yr ol on a bike. He too had stopped and was watching them. I'm sure he was just as curious as I! By the time I realized that I wasn't imagining them (which, I doubt I would be doing anyway! Who wants to imagines wild hogs?!) I grabbed my phone to take a picture. Of course it didnt turn out t
oo well, but you can kinda see one of them! I guess we really do live in the boonies! This just 2 weeks after I saw a coyote inside our gated community! I called my roommate and told her- "See- I told you that you shouldn't run outside especially at night. Because if the coyote that we saw last week wont get you, now the wild boars will!"
5 comments:
Yil, you are absolutely amazing! Seriously, the luck of it all...did you ever see 'National Lampoon's European Vacation'? There is a part where they meet a guy, Eric Idle, from Monty Pyton, they crash into him with his car...let's just say your experience reminded me of it...
Secondly, wild boars?! About a month ago I did a refugee interview and was walking along in 'the boonies' at night (no lamps - beautiful stars though) and then I hear this 'pig' snorting and then I remembered the guy said there were wild boars in the area. Well, have you ever seen 'Old Yeller'? After seeing 'Old Yeller', wild boars are not Pumba, ya know...so I started barking like a dog! Haha! Heelarious! RUFF! RUFF! I figured maybe that might scare them away ;)
Life is heelarious!
I might have to say that your blog title says it all "Every day is an Adventure When You're Me!" You're life has so many strange and exciting things. I'm so jealous sometimes. Mine's not nearly as fun!
Hope you're doing great! :)
So... What was on your seat? Was it actually glass and how did it get there? I am so curious.
Greetings from Kevin & Caroline. While we live a little south of you in Tucson, we have also come across these guys. Welcome to Arizona and Javelinas. They can be very dangerous, so be careful around them. They are aggressive enough in temperament that they have a history of injuring humans. Another great thing about Arizona!
Those are some pretty crazy stories! Those Javelina things look pretty freaky. I'd be a little bit scared if I saw one. I'm glad you made it through your day alive! I sure miss you! It's been way too long. Thank goodness for blogs so that we can stay in touch. Take care and try to stay out of trouble!
Post a Comment