So this week we decided to go on an outing. And an outing it was! We went to the State Fair!!! (With our photo IDs in our pockets so that if something happened to us- they'd know who we were! :) )

It really is an exciting place to b

e with so many interesting things to see and do!
State Fairs to me are like Rodeos- it is a 'people watcher's' paradise! You can get caught up on the latest stylesof hair and clothes. While walking, our eyes were immediately pulled downward by flashes of color...

We were able to get a few close up shots. I thought about how popular I'd be in the hospital if I had these shoes! However, they may clash slightly with my scrubs! (I wonder what he was thinking while my roommate was taking these pictures! Maybe it was similar to how Ronald
Mcdonald feels when he makes a public appearance?!)


After a quick glance of the Roller Derby we moved onto the most exciting part of the fair---the Wheezer concert. Now, I didn't really know too much about them, therefore I was shocked that I actually knew a few of their songs. They put on a really funny show and who knew that the main singer held a strong resemblance to Jeff Foxworthy!
I also enjoyed watching many people there as well. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of the fans left with major headaches since their head was in a constant banging motion for the entire hour and a half! I wanted to warn them of what their future life would be like on a Neuro floor of the hospital, but they probably wouldn't have listened! However, they sure seemed to be enjoying themselves...to each their own.
By the end of the show, we were the newest fans of Wheezer! We even joined the rest of the people in doing their sign as they sang. (Hmm...Kinda sounds a little secret combination-ish. Maybe not so good!) (The second picture makes me laugh! I barely made it in on time. I love how my head is just popping o
ut to the side!
HAHA!!)
So the state fair wouldn't be a state fair without trying some crazy food. After some deep consideration of what to purchase- I decided it was worth forking out my entire life savings in order to experience some "fair food". (How can they get away with those prices?!) So what did I decide on???

To the untrained eye, this picture perhaps looks like a corn dog.
Well, unfortunately I would have to say to those of you who say it is, you're wrong!
Common sense should tell you that it is a Deep Fried Snickers Bar! Or as we nick named it "Heart attack on a stick!"
I was a little hesitant
t with the first bite?!
However, I was pleasantly surprised with the taste. (It actually tasted like a dessert crepe- snickers flavored of course!)

This is the "
Ohhh thats good!" Face. Thankfully my roommates helped me eat it so that the flavorful fat didn't ALL go into my body!
So yeah, my first ever state fair was fabu! I am so glad that my roommates pulled me off my bed and made me go! Maybe next year we'll try the deep fried garlic mashed potato's on a stick- or perhaps really go crazy and get the the mac and cheese-- deep fried of course! Yumm!!!
7 comments:
Looks like you had lots of fun! I love fairs, those and demo derbies are the best people watching events around. You can never go wrong. The fried snickers sounds interesting.
P.S. I love your hair, it's so cute!
Jill, I am jealous that you actually tried a deep fried snickers bar! I have heard about them, but never tried one.
Also, your haircut is darling!!!
Jill you are a total babe! I love the new do and I love state fairs.
I went to the L. A. county fair with my grandmother and/or mom and dad depending on the year. I always got a chameleon( a lizard that changes color). They had little chains around their necks and a saftey pin to attach it to our shirt. Then they were supposed to change color to match our outfit. I also always signed up for the drawing to win a monkey, but I never won one. So Sad. I'm so glad you had the experience of going to the fair.
Weezer..I'm jealous. And that fried Snickers looks amazing.
A deep fried snickers bar, it reminds me of the fried cheese on a stick we had for my birthday. Weezer, how fun!
David and I missed the State Fair this year but the prices are still an arm and a leg here too. There must be something about deep fried foods. All this year they were advertising the deep fried PB and J sandwich.
Post a Comment