
We wanted to get a gift for the volunteers in the hospital for Christmas. We thought these would be perfect,but we had to buy them now because they sell out quickly. Well, I offered to take them home and "take care of them" until the day after Thanksgiving! No big deal right?! Thats what I thought too!
The first few nights it got pretty chilly and I was a bit afraid that they would get too cold. I know- common sense should have told me that pine trees are used to being outside and since it doesn't get down to freezing here- they would have been fine! But still I was a tad worried. So what did I do? I brought them in at night and put them back out in the morning. - Yeah- That took a little work! After doing that a few times, my brain started working and I realized that I could just covered them at night with a sheet. If nothing else, It helped keep them from blowing over in the huge wind gusts that we were getting. It was great!
Well a few nights later I had a crazy dream. It was really windy and all the bristles on the trees blew off! I instantly woke up and could hear the wind whistling through my open door. After checking on them (all bristles accounted for!) I shut the door feel back asleep. But then I started dreaming about bugs. Bugs climbing over me. I again woke up and felt something on my shoulder. I flew out of bed- but nothing was there. I shook off the uneasy feeling I had, got back into bed and tried to fall asleep. As I was drifting off, again I felt something. Half asleep and very frustrated that my slumber was being disturbed by my "dreams", I started moving my pillows. Then there it was... an earwig! Running right at me! This time I jumped out of bed- making sure that I was awake and really seeing it. It was running so fast and I was afraid I would loose it. So I got a great idea. Or at least it was a great idea to my 3:00 AM brain... I flicked it! My thought was that I would watch it hit the ground, then have time to find something to kill it. Well, as I flicked it- I lost it. I didnt see its shiny black body ANYWHERE!!! I'm sure that if anyone had walked in at that point, they would have looked at me like I was crazy!!! I was sitting on the side of my bed STARING at the ground for about 5 minutes- hoping to see ANYTHING that was moving. But to no avail...I lost it! The slimy yucky bug is lost in my room somewhere!
or...
It never existed in the first place!
At any rate I learned that plant life probably shouldn't be moved from the outside to the inside like that- because you never know what kind of life forms will come in with it!
4 comments:
I did the same thing a few months ago. I don't know what kind of bug it was- but I did get bit. I stared at the floor forever looking for it!
The little Christmas trees wanted to bring you a little gift. I'm glad the earwig didn't climb into your ear and make a home.
Earwigs...SICK! I am terrified of earwigs. I can't think of anything that would freak me out more than to find one of those on my person. Oh my gosh, just the thought makes me shudder. I don't know how you could go to sleep after that, I would have been freaking out all night, just waiting for it to come back. I'm glad you survived all the tree craziness and the earwig didn't return!
That reminds me of hot nights in Nicaragua when I felt like bugs were everywhere. EwEwEw!
Post a Comment