Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yea for Christmas!

I have very fond memories sitting in my house in Utah with all the lights off except for the ones on the Christmas tree- listening to Christmas music. There is such a peace that Chrsitmas brings. Therefore, this year- I wanted to bring that feeling to my home here in Arizona. I really got in the mood to decorate. My roommate bought a little tree and one day when I just happened to be at Target, I saw so many beautiful things to decorate it! Right then and there I decided to take it upon myself to set the mood for Christmas! So I made the tree all perdy... (Why is it that the pictures never turn out as nice as the real thing?!)




















Also- this was the first year that I put out my nativity from Nicaragua. When we went back to visit after my mission, we bought these. They are carved out of the stone in the mountains of Nicaragua. I think that it is beautiful, but never really knew where to put it until we got the piano.
















I love coming home to this welcoming scene! Christmas really is the MOST wonderful time of the year! :)

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

Your Christmas tree is very pretty! Looks like you found the perfect place for your nativity scene too!
Are you practicing your piano piece for the Jamison Christmas Day Concert performance? Oh, I guess that's just a memory from Christmas past. : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations. A white sheet under the tree and presents would make it look more like christmas But since you don't have winter snow, I guess you could put sand and rocks under it. Mom

Arianne said...

Great decorating Jilly! I'm jealous of that gorgeous nativity. I love it! You're great! Merry Christmas! See you in a week!

Anonymous said...

Love your tree and the pictures too. Your memories brought up many of the same for me. Thanks.
Dad

Janelle said...

How festive! I agree with mom, how do you picture Christmas when everything is green outside? Next year you could decorate the cactus outside your house. Then you can have lights as you drive up to your house.