Monday, January 26, 2009

Can you say SLUMBER PARTY?!

What do you get when 3 nephews of mine have a Monday off of school?!

















A perfect opportunity for a SLUMBER PARTY!!!

We've been wanting to have them sleep over here for sometime now, but there has been one really big problem... I work Saturdays and they have school on Mondays. So with a little help from Martin Luther King day, all the stars aligned in our favor and we finally made it happen!

The boys came over Sunday night with pillows and PJs in hand- ready to party! We played the ever so popular and fun game of Sorry. Which I might add, I play all the time in the hospital, but I am "not allowed to win" (kinda a child life rule). I told the boys to prepare because They were going down! As the game got underway, I realized that that might not be the case! I was not playing against the "sick, hospitalized children" that I was used to! These boys were good! Even J-dog without any help was able to think up strategies and surprise us all! Yeah, all the smack talking I did- did not help. I think I took 3rd!





I then busted out a game that I haven't played for a long time and it was a hit. If you haven't heard of it, it's time to! It is called pass the pigs. The boys really got into it. Its actually a very good game for that age.

(Basic overview- you take these cute little pigs and drop them on the ground and depending on how they land you get certain points. On your turn, you keep rolling the pigs in order to get more points. But the trick is, if they land in one certain way, you loose it all. So you have to decide if you're going to stop and take the points you've already won or risk it all and keep going.)

I was very impressed with these nephews of mine. First of all with how quickly they can add. I would shout out "10+15 is ?" and in a blink of and eye they would answer 25. Even odd numbers 7+11? And without using their fingers (like I do!) they would answer 18 without hesitation. They are on their way to a great future! I learned a lot about them and how they think things through. I was quite impressed. One funny thing that happened. P-Dog kept risking his points and then would loose them all. By the 5th time around he had a whopping score of zero! He was getting frustrated and kept saying how he was a looser. It was my turn and I said to him "stop saying all that negative stuff and say something positive!" I was thinking he would say something like "next time I'm going to get 50 points." But instead this is what I got. "Okay- I hope...um... that YOU get a zero this time!" It was hilarious! I think that I had tears I was laughing so hard. I don't think he understood why that was funny to me. I guess I just wasn't expecting that twist to my inspirational talk! :)
We put on a movie and I was going to be a "cool" aunt and let them stay up a little later, because that's what you do when you sleep over! But once it was 9:01 I was told- by them- that it was bedtime! :) We got them all set up. Don't they look cozy! We had a long talk about the importance of sleeping in! I had great hopes that a magic sleep fairy would appear and they would sleep until at least 9. However, just in case that didn't happen, we talked about what they could do if they woke up before I did (which was 100% possible). Then with their DS's in hand and the lights off, I went up stairs.




At about 6:15AM I was awoken by some giggling downstairs. Sure enough they were all wide awake and ready to wrestle! To keep them quiet so that my roommates wouldn't kill me...we built a fort and put on another movie. It was fun and it helped them keep quiet for a few hours more!









We then cleaned up and headed out for more fun and adventure at Amazing Jakes. Its this HUGE adventure place (Kinda like the 49th street galleria was back in the day before it was overrun by the crazy people!)


Here's us miniature golfing,







I love this picture because I simply said go stand by those people and pretend like you're heading to the beach! And not only did they do it, but they actually posed! So cute!




We also rode the bumper cars (which I couldn't take pictures of since I was being rammed into by which seemed like millions of little kids!)

P-Dog challenged me to a game of air hockey. It was close but at the last minute he hit it in and won! Lucky shot... I let him win...promise...








J-Dog was NOT going to play air hockey. He was quite entertained with this game that you step on the buttons when they light up. He was really good at it and I think got about 70 tickets!


And C-dog is a boy after my own heart! After we played some air hockey- he was all over the video games!



It was a wonderful day- as it always is when I spend time with my nephews and nieces! They are growing up so much! I was also impressed that they didn't ask to do everything and didn't whine. They were so easy going!

Thanks guys for the fun and for making me laugh!

2 comments:

Jillinda said...

Looks like you all had such a great time. I am sure you are their very favorite aunt!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. You are a great aunt!