Sunday, January 4, 2009

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Well you remember Buddy right?

He was my trusty car for 3 years. Yes, we had some hard times together... 2 flat tires, 1 lost hubcap, 2 broken windshields. But all in all he was a good reliable car. He took me back and forth from Utah twice and the many miles to work each day.


Well, as all good things have to come to an end... so did Buddy. He was still running well and I really wasn't having any problems- But it was time for a new car. Buddy is 6 years old now with 100,000 miles and I was beginning to see that he may be falling apart soon.


So what did I do? Called up my big brother to do his favorite thing in the world--- CAR SHOPPING. We went yesterday JUST TO LOOK, but it is amazing what a bad economy will do to car prices. I really wanted a Mazda 3. We test drove one and I loved it. It was a brand new 2009 and sure could zoom! But of course I didn't let the sales people see my excitement. Instead I just let my heart jump up and down while on the outside, I remained stoic.


We looked at the sticker price and Jeff assured me that we could talk them down. I stuck to my guns and wouldn't budge on my offer! And well- the "not budging" paid off and they let me have it for the price I wanted! To be honest I was shocked at how it all came down!



I would like to introduce you to my newest friend!


It wasn't my intention to buy a new car- but I guess in this day and age- you can! Here are just a few more angles for your viewing pleasure. Of course it looks better in person- so I guess you should all come visit me and see him!










Things I love about him:

The smell

The way it types out hello on the dashboard when I turn it on

The way the blinker sounds

Cruise control so I wont speed


Key less entry (Poor buddy did not have this!)



So I am now trying to find a good name for him- what do you think it should be?

16 comments:

John said...

Wow! A new car, that's awesome. And it's super snazzy lookin', too. Dad told me you had some exciting news and I thought maybe you'd won the lottery; But this is pretty awesome too. Though not as rich-ifying.

Katey said...

Yay for new cars. That's so exciting. Glad you had someone to go with you and get a good deal. I sure needed that when I bought my car!

Brooke Fenn said...

Jill, I love your new car! I have always loved the Mazdas and think that it looks awesome! Hope to see ya this week. -Brooke

Arianne said...

Congrats! I love it! The first name I thought of when seeing him was Stanley. Not sure why....but that's my vote! How exciting Jilly!

John and Laura said...

Very cool! I love it, and I definitely think I need to see it to fully appreciate it. How soon can you come pick us up from the airport???

Janelle said...

Yea! I love new cars!

Tanner thinks you should name the car swiper wiper. Tanner asked if you can paint it green.

(He is just trying to think of funny things to say)

I was trying to think of a good name and Edward came to mind. You know -lives forever and never needs refueling.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it. You did a good thing to get it at the price you wanted to pay. What a cute car- I can see you driving down the road. I was thinking about the youngest girl on the Cosby Show that called her friend BUD even though that wasn't his name. Did you ever see that? I'm sure you will pick a name that will fit the two of you. You did a good job of naming the flower in the front yard.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it. You did a good thing to get it at the price you wanted to pay. What a cute car- I can see you driving down the road. I was thinking about the youngest girl on the Cosby Show that called her friend BUD even though that wasn't his name. Did you ever see that? I'm sure you will pick a name that will fit the two of you. You did a good job of naming the flower in the front yard.

Ashley said...

I love that color. Between the 2 of us we're really bolstering the economy, aren't we? :)

AJ Candrian said...

Congrats on the new car! My old mazda's name was Tommy.... but it sucked... so in hopes of a better car... name it something not Tommy. :) How about Fred?

Jillinda said...

Jealous! I want a new car and unfortunately when we get one I am praying it won't be a minivan. Good thing there is cruise control. It is hard not to speed when you have a cute new car.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to think of a great name and all that comes to mind is "El Guapo" because that my friend is a gorgeous car!

jason and shelli said...

Sweet ride! It's always exciting to get a new car. I hope he treats you well. How about Norman for a name?

Brittany said...

Hi Jill! In honor of the conversation we had over Christmas break about "My Buddy," I think you should name your mazda "Kid Sister." Ok, so that was probably more funny to me than it will be to you. :)

Cathryn said...

Great new car!! Thanks for keeping the economy going! It's not quite silver, but close enough. Sorry we missed seeing you at Christmas time. Glad you had fun with the family back home!

Jefferson said...

Wow, that is a lot of comments!