Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sob story

Thats right ladies and gentlemen...it's time to get out your tissues because this is the saddest story that I think you're going to hear all day...

Ready?! Okay.... So you know when you find a piece of clothing that you LOVE just because it fits perfectly? I am far from a shopaholic (Hate going to the store, hate trying clothes on, and hate spending the money!) so when my roommate gave me a gift card to American Eagle for Christmas I decided I'd give it a go. I was quite surprised when I found a cute little (not too expensive) zip up hoodie. And even more surprised when it fit so well! It was perfect for Arizona because it was light weight. Just enough for the chill in the morning, but not too much for the sun in the afternoon.

Well I fell in love with this jacket. It went many places with me. Including this past Friday to work. I was still a little cold when I got to my office so I left it on as I rounded on all the kiddos. I found out that a 4 yr old that I had been working with the day before was going to surgery. So I grabbed my stuff and ran to pre-op. In all my running around, I started getting warm and consequently took off my jacket. But dont worry...I put it in a safe place.

Well, once we talked about surgery, the doctors came and I went with him to the OR, I almost forgot about my hoodie. ALMOST... As I was taking the wheelchair back to Pediatrics, I saw it in my safe place and grabbed it. I stuck in on the wheel chair with my teaching stuff and the blankets the kid was wrapped in.

Skip ahead to me driving home that evening... I realized I was kinda cold in my car and then something popped into my head... "Where's my trusty jacket?" I then retraced my steps in my head then shock and sadness all came at me at once as I realized what must have happened. In my hurry to get back to the floor that morning, I threw my teaching kit in my office and grabbed the sheet and blanket from the wheelchair and shoved them in the dirty laundry shoot--- And I must have wrapped my jacket along with them since they were all white!!!I didn't even notice. :( Isn' that so sad?!

But dont you worry! I am going to keep my eyes open and if I see one of the workers sporting it next week... they are going down!

oh and does anyone hear a small violin playing? Cause I sure do.

4 comments:

Markie said...

Given your profession, when I saw a blog post titled 'sob story' I had to psych myself up to read it. I'm glad it's a story I can feel good about playing tiny violins for (although I do mourn the loss of your perfect hoodie with you)

Anonymous said...

Can't you go down to the laundry and see if they have it in a lost and found place? It might be worth a try. Maybe they have another one at the store and you could write it off as a work related expense.

Katey said...

I sure hate when things like that happen. You know...losting favorite close and all. I agree with your mom...ask laundry about it or maybe see if you could find another one! Good luck. :)

Jefferson said...

You could just steal one from one of the sick kids :)