Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And the Oscar Goes to....

So one day, I was just minding my own business at work when one of our more "spunky" nurses walked into my office. "Jill! I have the BEST idea!" She said to me as she plopped down in the chair next to me. With hesitancy I asked what they great idea was and how it included me. "Scottsdale Healthcare is having a Scottsdale Idol and WE are going to participate. I have it all planned out"


Lovely.


However, this cute little nurse really went to work. She re-wrote the words to "Its a Small World", made cut outs on poster boards to hold up at the appropriate words, and even made up hand actions! I was a little leery at first (Especially since we had to dance with the wagons, wheelchairs and dolls.) However, once we got the crew together and practiced it- I was amazed at how cute it turned out and how funny it was. (Even if I did feel like I was participating in another pre-school program in my parents basement!)


When we went down to perform I was shocked at how many people were there. There were 3 judges (meant to be Simon, Paula and Randy) as I was expecting. However, in addition to those 3 judges was a room full of people! I guess people really wanted to watch the talent at our hospital? who knows. Simon was super mean and cranky and it became my goal to win him over (since I was positioned to perform right in front of him!)
As the music started, people started coming over from all the different rooms in that hallway. There were cameras everywhere. (Is that what Hollywood is like?!)

By the end Simon was rolling with laughter... I even think I saw him wipe a tear from his eye. (I succeeded in my goal!)

We even got a standing ovation!


Here we are! The theme was "Share and Care" So most of us had care bear scrubs. I think we looked cute!


And guess what?! We made the finals!!! Sept 23rd is the big day.

I was excited until I realized that we will be performing in the cafeteria at high noon. I guess everyone in the hospital is going to see how we move!

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

I always knew you were very talented. Those programs in your parents basement were just the beginning. I seem to remember you and Suzy put on some pretty good productions when you would come for weekend visits, with singing and dancing and more. But who knew it was all leading to being a Scottsdale Idol? Good luck in the finals! Maybe they will say - "You're going to Hollywood!!!"

Janelle said...

Funny!

Mom said...

Such talent! You could go on to have another career- especially since you are related to your famous brother the pirate.