Sunday, August 30, 2009

Come one come all!

The other day I noticed this pamphlet all over the hospital. The picture on the cover completely caught my eye, and caught me off guard as well. This picture is for our hospital's "Report to our Community" pamphlet.

Really?! I wonder who okayed this!


Thoughts?






Doesn't that picture make you want to being your child in to our hospital? I think not! To me it says- Run away from here because we are really good at scaring children half to death! :)

A) Now, I understand that kids dont like shots, and putting a picture of a child that is smiling and happy about it might not be too realistic...but maybe choose one that looks a little less terrified. ( And maybe one that has child life to help with distraction etc... you know, kinda promote a service that we offer :) )

B) Maybe use an older kid that understands what a "pretend shot for a photo shoot" is vs getting a real one. Then they might play a long better.

C) Okay, so you cant get a good picture of a kid getting a shot? Then maybe dont make it cover picture when the whole inside is about how we are going green, and what our values are etc... Nothing about vaccinations. Weird.


Each time I walk past it, it makes me shudder and kind laugh. I cant believe that is what we are promoting and reporting to our community.

I may have a solution... last night I was going through my pictures on my camera and completely forgot that I took this picture of my niece. I think that they should swap the two pictures. She'd make a great poster child, plus she cuter!




(While doing my hair one morning in Utah, she decided to join me and do her own hair! So adorable!)

I think I might make some calls and see if we can photo shop her in!

3 comments:

John said...

Man! Your niece is really cute.

John and Laura said...

seriously cute. thanks for posting that pic. i love that girl.

Trish said...

I couldn't agree with you more - what a weird picture they chose. Perfect way for kids to never want to get shots or go to the hospital or doctor's office again. Silly. Silly. I wonder how much these people get paid anyway...and I also agree about the picture of your niece. She is so cute! Love it!