This was the first port on our cruise . We took a bus up to a town called Taormina and it was a little bit of heaven on earth! (And you will notice the same lovely black and red attire that I am wearing! I love how it looks like I only had a few shirts! haha! Oh wait! I did! :) )
There is so much to love about Sicily!
I loved walking down the cute little streets and seeing the balconies with beautiful flowers...
I loved eating something called Granite (Pronounced Gran-ee-tay...I think!) It was like a smoothie but oh so much better!!!
I loved just looking out at the AMAZING scenery! I could have stayed there for months! Blue sky--blue water--white buildings. Do you see why I love this place? (Sorry there are so many pictures...but they are all just so beautiful its hard to choose just a few!)
Mt Etna is also in Sicily and adds a nice backdrop to the ocean! I was thankful that it decided to not erupt while we were there! :)
I loved this sign that I saw. It made me laugh so I had to take a picture!
(If you make it bigger you can see what it says! It still brings a smile to my face. Since we didnt go up there, I will never know! )I loved that we could take a cable car down to the beach. I just tried to focus on the Ocean and not the fact that we were hanging from a tiny wire! See- child life works on myself as well!
Once we made it safely I loved the feeling of the sand between or toes and splashing in the waves!
We did find this sign and both quickly decided to show our disgust! (Remember folks Alitalia = bad airlines! They messed with the wrong girls! :) )
On our way back I took this picture out the bus window... you can see Italy across the water! They are even contemplating making a bridge to connect the two! We shall see!
Oh Sicilia I loved ya! I will return someday and spend more than 4 hours! :)
But wait the fun does not end there! on to the next stop!



4 comments:
Okay Jill, I am dying to know if you ever got your bags back!?!
"I was thankful that it decided to not erupt while we were there!"
Classic Jill comment right there. You are awesome.
The blue ocean and sunny skies are so beautiful, not to mention the fabulous food. What a fun trip for you!
Dad Says
I found that you were the most beautiful thing in all these pictures. And that includes all the scenery and other people. I would never say anything not truthful.
Post a Comment