By the way...Its is his birthday tomorrow! Happy Birthday Aaron!
I loved walking around and seeing the many sights and sounds!
We saw the Reischtag building-
Lots of history here- This is the Parliament building- burned down, blown up and restored! Poor building! Its been through a lot! For those interested in a bit more of the detailed history- you can either look it up on Wikipedia or I'm sure Aaron would absolutely love to explain it to you as well! :) heheAnywho- It is a beautiful building. The funny thing was that the first day that we went to it, we came up to it from the front. So I had in my mind what the Reischtag looked like. Then, many times as we walked around Berlin throughout the week, we would come up to a building- from either the back or the side and I would be like- "Wow! This building is beautiful! Whats it called?!" And with so much patience, Aaron would reply- "Its the Reichtag again, but this time from a different angle!" Oops! :)
One day Aaron took me up to the roof to see the beautiful view. It was about a half an hour wait in line. However, I enjoyed it (except for the sun beating down on our backs!) because we had this cute Spanish tour group in front of us! It was fun to understand what they were saying- and hear the Spain accent! After going through the whole security check point and up the elevator- we got to see the beautiful view of Berlin! Really it is so green! Who knew!


As we walked around one day, we went to a memorial for the many Russian soldiers that died. We noticed that there were flowers on the steps in front. Then the light bulb i
n my intelligent tour guides brain went on- We were there on the anniversary of the end of WWII! Did we time that good or what?!
Little did we know that we would be celebrating another anniversary while we were there as well. Aaron took me to se
e a few cathedrals and we realized there was a party going on! So of course we checked it out! We are not people to step down from a party! Then Aaron again (I think that my brain was just happy to be in a party!) remembered that it was Israels 60th anniversary! Now- that's cool in
itself- but lets just think this out a little- In Germany- a celebration of Jewish heritage! That is amazing! I was really happy to see that! I also really enjoyed seeing the German flag side by side with the Jewish flag! (yeah, I kinda stole these pictures from Aaron! Thanks! :) )
And yes- the police were there as well! Thanks Polizei! For keeping us safe!

Stayed tuned! Theres plenty more where that came from! :)
3 comments:
There is nothing like being there to get the real story. Yes a personalized tour of Europe would really help all history classes become very interesting. M
Thanks for the new pictures. I thought it was funny that In your first blog it said... "here are pictures of my trip to Germany..." and for the next 4 blogs it was all England!
Yea for Germany pictures!
Thanks for the new pictures. I thought it was funny that In your first blog it said... "here are pictures of my trip to Germany..." and for the next 4 blogs it was all England!
Yea for Germany pictures!
Post a Comment