Friday, May 23, 2008

You gotta go here!

England is full of amazing places to visit... Here are 4 that you should definitely put on your list to go see!!!
London Temple!



You know, temple grounds are beautiful. They are. But there was something so calming and serene with the London temple. It could have been the fact that the temple is in this quiet little town, set back from the road, and we were the only ones there (vs. In the middle of downtown with lots of traffic and tons of people!) It just was so beautiful!


They had this beautiful pond and the flowers were just gorgeous! On the train ride there, Aaron asked what my favorite flower was. Besides roses I told him tulips. He told me that he thought that I loved Daffodils. I don't know why he thought that, and as much as I think daffodils are pretty, tulips win in my book! When we got to the temple, Aaron was amazed. The grounds used to be covered in daffodils and they were replaced by...you got it! Tulips! So funny! Aaron seems to think that I am a princess- so I play along! Ü But it is kind of funny and interesting when things like that happened! I was even beginning to believe it!






(My camera kind of washed out how really and truly beautiful it was!)




The inside was just as beautiful! I loved it there!!!





Buckingham Palace!





You've got to see the changing of the guard! It is amazing how many people come out for this. I had to keep reminding myself that they weren't reenacting things that happened long ago. This was for real! They were protecting the queen! The interesting thing to me was that the changing of the guards was just that- they actually changed from the "regular" guard to the Malaysian guards! Who knew?!



So we were all watching intently trying to figure out what was going to happen next and then they got out their instruments and started playing. Wow! Totally didn't see that coming! As if it was a "band off"! Hmm...not what we were expecting. They each played 3 songs, then the Brits left and the Malaysians stayed!!













I was just waiting for the queen to come out. Any moment I was sure of it! I mean, Aaron had me believing that I was a princess...so where was my personal tour of the palace?!



We did have good weather though. The clouds parted as we got there- and the rain came as we were done! You can call that good luck! One could get used to being a Royal huh! We were very thankful that the weather was on our side!








Across the street is St. James park. It was so nice to walk around and enjoy. Plus, It has so many beautiful flowers! They also had a huge section of- you guessed it...tulips! HA!





Abby Road!

For those of you who know me well, know that I love the Beatles. Thanks to Allison Rock- they became a big part of my life in high school. ( Yep- I was one of the many in love with Paul McCartney!)So...we had to visit the infamous crosswalk and Abby road studios! Yep- Thats me-crossing the road...just like the Beatles!However, I was a little worried because there was so much traffic!!! Aaron had to keep reminding me that I was in the crosswalk! They had to stop for me! I still didn't trust them though! I would never live on this street! Way too many tourists! :)





























When we went to the studios, Aaron insisted that I write my name on the wall. I tried to tell him that doing graffiti was wrong, but he took my hand and made me do it! I'm the innocent one in the matter!



(okay...not true, but on his blog he made me out to be the bad guy!) So.. the truth is, he told me that people always write their names on the wall and then after a while they white wash it and start is over again. So I thought why not! And THAT is the truth! Ü






Portobello Road




It has come to my attention that this road isn't as well known as I had previously thought! I am amazed that when I tell people that we went here, I get a blank stares in return! Its as if I said something like- Then we went to Fredicks road. Simple and not famous. The problem with that statement is- Portobello Road is famous and special! Did these people not watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks?! What kind of childhood did they have?! I guess they dont know that its the street where the riches of ages are stowed! Anything and everything a chap can unload- is sold off the barrow in Portobello Road. Yep...you better believe it. I sang it and sang it and sang it! I enjoyed myself. I'm not sure others around me did! Luckily Aaron is a good sport and sang it with me!

Aww...the memories! :)



4 comments:

Jillinda said...

Envy. I am Envy. Seriously I am loving all of these posts. That is why you will notice that I am checking your blog more then once a day. The Temple is beautiful and Tulips and Daisys are my favorite so I love all the pics. I read the Portobello Road part to David and he started singing the song. That is one of his favorite movies. Can't wait for more.

Emily said...

I am checking your blog a lot too, I want to go there SO bad! Sorry, I never watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I didn't know the fame of the road! Oops.

Joey said...

Jill,
I love reading your blog and hearing your fun stories. I like ready Aarons side then your side. I tend to believe your side of the stories because I know you.

Janelle said...

This is Andre:

I guess I had a deprived childhood because I didn't see Bedknobs and Broomsticks until I had kids. I think it had to do with Janelle.